MOWAA requires an IT Manager to run, maintain, monitor and implement IT systems on a plethora of projects being run by the organisation. Your primary responsibility is to be the point of contact for IT matters to ensure the smooth, efficient running of the projects and support best-practice implementation by project members. Good communication skills, strong technical competencies, and a proactive nature are key to the role.
Duties and responsibilities:
IT Planning & Resource Management
- Act as the key IT specialist with comprehensive understanding of MOWAA’s IT setup, infrastructure, and functions as an organization
- Support the Heads of Finance and Digital Programmes to prepare and monitor MOWAA’s annual IT budget and strategy.
- Conduct bi-annual gap analysis and keep track of the organisation’s hardware and software needs
- Assess and advise on IT requirements at the start of each new project and advise the organization’s leadership on the selection, costs, integration complexities, and timelines.
- Carry out ad hoc research on specific software or hardware, as needed
- Be responsible for managing subscriptions, installing and upgrading MOWAA’s hardware and software.
- Work with MOWAA Finance to ensure timely treatment of on-going billing and invoices
- Be responsible for installing and upgrading system components.
- Report on data and software usage, using the in-built reporting metrics and surveys.
Data Management & Security
- Manage and monitor use of the Document Management System (DMS) setup in Microsoft SharePoint – acting as the main point of contact for the organization. This includes documenting and mapping any new Team or Communication sites set up in support of the project.
- Organise and administrate access to SharePoint and folders/data within.
- Run good data management and encourage best practice for digital information being created by MOWAA or transferred to the MOWAA from external sources.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent formats according to a set of project or predefined standards.
- Administer data and network security for MOWAA’s projects, including group policy and email security.
- Review and update MOWAA data management and information security policies as appropriate (reviewed at least annually).
- Ensure compliance with the Nigeria’s national information and data standards and global best practice, and lead on local compliance projects.
- Setup new team sites and email addresses and help new members in the first-time access process.
- Be a point-of-contact for troubleshooting with staff members and help resolve their IT, software and hardware issues.
- Support data conversion and transfer between software used across MOWAA.
- Coordinate the IT needs and resolve arising issues of MOWAA staff members, contractors, and externals.
- Consult with MOWAA teams and departments to estimate and resolve IT issues.
- Input into data storage approaches, file management and expansion methods aligned with MOWAA’s growth.
Staff Training & Guidance
- Run regular training sessions and need assessments for existing and new staff members based on needs and demand.
- Create training guidance relating to MOWAA’s Digital, Data Government & IT Policies to ensure adherence, security and efficiency of our internal systems and processes.
- Contribute to the development of MOWAA’s IT related policies and Digital Strategy
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of global best practices in data management, cyber security, AI applications and other relevant technologies with possible benefit for MOWAA.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or equivalent knowledge acquired by work experience and training.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in the field of information technology, systems administrator, network administrator is required.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Good people skills, particularly interfacing with management and administrative staff.
- Able to independently perform necessary application configurations
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
How to apply:Please submit a 1-page cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. including the job title in the email subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.