The HSE Officer will play a pivotal role in promoting and maintaining a culture of safety, health, and environmental responsibility within the organization. They will be responsible for implementing and overseeing HSE programs and procedures to safeguard our employees, contractors, and the surrounding environment throughout the construction project.
- HSE Compliance: Ensure compliance with all local, national, and international HSE regulations and standards relevant to archaeological and construction projects.Risk Assessment: Conduct regular risk assessments and site inspections to identify potential hazards, assess risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Training and Education: Develop and deliver HSE training programs for employees, contractors, and visitors to raise awareness and promote safe practices.
Incident Reporting: Investigate and report all workplace incidents, accidents, and near-misses, and develop strategies to prevent their recurrence.
- Emergency Response: Develop and implement emergency response plans and procedures, including evacuation plans and first-aid protocols.
- Protection: Implement measures to minimize environmental impact during construction, including waste management, pollution control, and conservation efforts.
- Safety Equipment: Ensure the availability and proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety gear on the construction site.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of all HSE-related activities, incidents, and training sessions.
Continuous Improvement: Continuously monitor and evaluate HSE performance and make recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, Environmental Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an HSE Officer in the construction industry, particularly in projects related to archaeology or historical preservation.
- Relevant HSE certifications (e.g., NEBOSH, IOSH, HSE Level 3).
- In-depth knowledge of local HSE laws and regulations in Nigeria.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and diverse team.
- Experience working on archaeological or heritage preservation projects.
- Familiarity with international best practices in historical site preservation and construction safety.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes, cover letters, and copies of relevant certifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org